"The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched-they must be felt with the heart." Hellen Keller

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Cowboy Bob!



I rarely ever look at this cutie that he isn't wearing that ridiculous, cheap, cowboy hat. So funny! Bryson will officially turn two on Saturday, September 17th! I wanted to write now because we have a SUPER BUSY week ahead and I wasn't sure when I could blog so I am doing it now. I can't believe that this sweet little bundle of joy was born two years ago. I recently told me mom that the weirdest stuff has been "coming back to me". It is like I mentally blocked out days from Bryson's birth, much of that time being at the local hospital (not Children's). Something will happen and a memory will "pop" back into my brain. So strange! It does hurt that we don't have those "happy" memories on the day of his birth. I honestly can't think of one thing....other than the fact that he survived, by a thread, a survived that day. He is such a fighter, such a blessing. His life represents hope, strength, love and faith!
He has changed so very much from that day two years ago. He is tall for a two year old (or at least I think he is!) and he weighs about 25 pounds or so (I think). He isn't skinny but he is kind of "petite". He is hilarious! He is sooooo rotten! He is cuddly and that blonde, curly hair just cracks me up. I still don't know where he got those sweet curls from! If you ask him how many he is he happily replies "TWO!" We taught him that this weekend and he caught on super fast. He really and truly is so smart and I know it sounds silly to say that surprises me but we heard so many, many times that they didn't know if he had damage to his brain and that we wouldn't know until later in life. He talks so much and is starting to repeat everything you say. He is VERY particular about things. We laugh that he is OCD. He lines up all of his toys or groups them and he is a very serious "player". He LOVES his toys and he makes all the right car noises and dinosaur noises. The boys taught him to hold up his fists and say "grrrr" and it is so hilarious because he does it at the strangest times. He CANNOT get enough of his brothers. His love for them is endless and the same goes for them when it comes to Bryson. I don't know if I have ever known a boy so loved by so many people and he is just silly and oblivious to it all! His biggest obsession, of course, is Lloyd. Lloyd is what we named his green blanket. We did that because if it was missing and someone said, "didn't you bring the blanket?" then the tears would start. He sure knew what the word "blanket" meant but he is starting to figure out what Lloyd means too. LOL. We like to sing that he is, "looking for Lloyd in all the wrong places, looking for Lloyd in too many places!" Hee, hee! He sucks on that blanket until it is soak and wet and let me tell you it is just lovely to roll over onto it in the middle of the night. UGGH! And, yes, he is in our bed and honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. We are so blessed to have made it to two years with so few issues regarding his health! We recently visited the cardiologist and he said everything looked good. He did confirm that it is fairly common for his heart to grow faster than his repairs and so he might have to go in to the cath lab at some point to do some repairs. He could also grow scar tissue in areas and block flow, which could also warrant a trip to the cath lab. And, I am sad to say, there is always the possibility that things cannot be fixed in the cath lab and he would have to have another surgery. All we can do is pray that he doesn't and frankly, he has done so well, I can't imagine he would. Either way, now he is stronger and bigger and he would do just fine if he had to have something done. I thank you all for all your prayers over the past two years. We never would have made it if it hadn't been for that. God is good! Happy Birthday my sweet little man!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment