"The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched-they must be felt with the heart." Hellen Keller

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Yes, Yes and YES!







Yes, I am wrapping my Christmas presents. Yes, I let a 13 month old child help me. Yes, I have done ALL my Christmas shopping and pretty much wrapped it all as well. Yes, I ROCK! :) Just kidding! No, each year I do Christmas earlier and earlier. I am a lot of things but I am NOT a procrastinator, not in the least. I love to make lists but what I love to do even more is to cross things off the list after I do them. If I do something that wasn't on the list, I write it down and mark it out. It feels great! I love the long, messy lists with chicken scratchings all over them and lines crossed through everything. I feel so very accomplished when I look at lists like that! Yes, I am crazy! So crazy that I am having to finally, after all these years, resort to calling a doctor about my night terrors. For those of you who don't know the depth of my psycho behavior, I shall now share it with you. I have had night terrors for about ten years now. They come, and then they go. I will have one every night for weeks and then not again for months. Funny thing, they were pretty bad right before I got pregnant with Bryson. I remember thinking, "well, I guess this baby won't sleep with me because I will probably have a night terror and throw his infant body across the room." I was even worried about when I was pregnant what I might do to harm the baby. Little did I know I couldn't have harmed him any more than "fate" itself had. Anyhow, the minute I got pregnant I NEVER had a night terror until after Bryson got home from the hospital. It was so strange! Well, as of late, they are very bad, very bad and my husband has said that if I don't see a doctor about them he will no longer sleep with me. I guess it is pretty terrifying to be woken up in the middle of the night to shrill screams of madness while your wife jumps out of the bed and lunges at the wall. Yes, I am psycho! Sometime I wake up, sometimes I don't. If I don't wake up and Mark is there, he wakes me up, and he isn't happy and I am terrified too. Talk about creeping yourself out for the rest of the night. In the ones I remember, the truly terrifying ones, I see visions of someone scary lunging towards me, standing next to my bed. This weekend I ran down the hallway screaming. I am not sure how I managed not to run into anything. My eyes were closed until I got in the hallway and it was pitch dark. I literally woke up standing in the hallway. I don't want heavy meds, I just want to be able to sleep and not scare the ones I love. Although, it is good revenge when he has pissed me off! :)
Enough about my crazy ass self! Kory's band played on Friday night and WOW, they rocked! Kory was so excited and so pumped! It was great fun! On Saturday we did all of our Christmas shopping. Bryson does this terribly cute thing where if you all tell jokes and laugh he tries to laugh on cue too. It is so funny! He is usually a little late and after the laughter calms down he laughs this funny, fake laugh. He really enjoyed wrapping presents! Riley got his first deer on Sunday, a nine-point. He was so excited! I was so grossed out! I couldn't even take the pictures, I made Kory do it! It is supposed to get cold this weekend and I CAN'T WAIT! I am super excited. Scary movies, chicken and dumplins, snuggling, coloring, screaming night terrors! Oh, wait, that one slipped in unannounced! Before I go I will share some really good stories with you in reference to the night terrors. Kory has long since ceased to sleep with me when Mark and Riley are gone because of his fear of my fits. One night my nephew Morgan stayed the night and Kory had filled him in on the night terrors. They were going to sleep in my bed with me (it was a few years ago) and I know he layed there in the dark, wide-eyed, wondering if I was going to scream. He even woke me up several times to ask if I was ok. Another time, I went on an overnight retreat and this girl was in my cabin, we were bunk mates, and I felt like I had to tell her just in case. I swear to you she didn't sleep a wink. I think she may have stared at me all night. You have to admit, I keep em on their toes!!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment