"The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched-they must be felt with the heart." Hellen Keller

Friday, November 11, 2011

We have a great weekend planned and I can't wait! We finally purchased a travel trailer and so Mark and Riley are headed to the deer lease. FUN! They can't go until Saturday because Riley has football practice tonight. You know that down in Texas we are SERIOUS about our football. Let me explain the seriousness of it all. Riley is ten years old, fourth grade. He was selected to be on a special, traveling team. They practice EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, except Wednesday. I am talking Saturday, Sunday, all of it and they practice for TWO HOURS, 6-8pm. They actually have lights brought out every day to light up the field so they can practice. We don't play around with our football here! He had his football banquet last night and it was fun. He got a plaque and a medal and a dvd that was so great! Someone put a lot of work into it and it had tons of pictures of the team and all these cool graphics and cool music and in one part they put the speech from the movie "Friday Night Lights". I loved it! When they gave him his award they lovingly referred to him as TANK 2. The reason being there is another kid on the team that is bigger. It was fun! I love football and I really hope that Riley continues to love it too!
On Saturday me and Bryson and my mom are heading to a bake sale/adoption give away at a vet clinic. They are supposed to have zebras and monkeys and a giant tortise. I know Bryson will love it! I ask him every day if he wants to go see zebras and he throws his hands up in the air and says, "YAH!" He is so goofy! Then we have lots of errands and a carpet cleaning appointment and then we are taking Bryson to see Puss in Boots. Honestly he hasn't been to the movies in a really long time, months at least....So I am curious as to how he will do. The kid loves him some popcorn so popcorn there will be! I am such a movie-goer and Bryson has really stifled that as of lately so we are going to prime him up to be a movie buff as well!
And of course we will see very little of Kory as he has now become Mr. Popularity (helps when you are the only one of your friends who has a car!) Somedays I forget what he looks like! Not really, just kidding. I do miss him but I am happy that he is having such a good time. I so enjoyed my high school years and I want the same for him as well.
I have a feeling it is going to be a great weekend! Hope you all have a great one too!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment