"The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched-they must be felt with the heart." Hellen Keller

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankful

I know, I know....it is late but that doesn't mean I am any less thankful!:)
I am thankful......that I have a job that allowed me to enjoy this entire week off with my kids. Of course, I never saw Riley really. He was hunting all week and loving it. He is a mountain man!
I am thankful.......that I have a great husband whom I truly consider my best friend. We were high school sweethearts and we have had ups and downs but I can truly say that we have something special and I treasure that.
I am thankful......that my mom is such a big part of my life. She is the "extra" parent that we so often have to call on for help and she has always been there. I am glad she gets to be such a huge part of Bryson's childhood. She is a true blessing.
I am thankful......for Mark's parents. We are close with them and enjoy our times together when I hear so many say that isn't the case in their families.
I am thankful....for my brothers and their families. We may not spend a lot of time together but when we are together it is like we were never apart.
I am thankful.......for Kory. He is such a good person. He has a heart the size of Dallas but sometimes he really pretends that he doesn't. He is going to be a phenomenal father someday (way down the road!)
I am thankful.......for Riley. He is so much a man's man and he is changing so rapidly before my eyes. He is fiesty one minute and loving the next. He ALWAYS keeps me on my toes.
I am thankful.......for my little pickle, Bryson. When I got pregnant with him we were so distraught honestly.....not ready for a third baby with a HUGE space in age. I didn't know how I was going to do it. Little did I know what was in store for us! He is truly so much fun and he is the glue that holds this family together. We all laugh and enjoy him so much. I am not sure how we lived without him.
I am thankful.......for the hard times......I know it sounds crazy and I would never,ever have my child (or our family) suffer like that again. BUT, it opened my eyes in so many ways. I live my life differently and I know that is because of what we, as a family, went through. We survived, HE SURVIVED and for that I thank God every day!
And lastly I am thankful......for my Savior and Lord. He has never left my side and never forsaken me. We, too, have been through rough times but it only made my faith stronger. Thank you dear Lord for the many sweet blessings in our lives. I pray that we, and others, remain blessed this Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment