"The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched-they must be felt with the heart." Hellen Keller

Friday, October 28, 2011

15 Things You May Not Know

I borrowed this from another blog because I think it is fun, so here goes....

15 things you may not know about me

1. I have really terrible night terrors, the ones where you jump out of bed screaming in the middle of the night. I have found that if I take melatonin I don't have them. I had to find something or my family was gonna make me move out!

2. I am a published author, my book is called "Bryson's Journey" and chronicles his days in the hospital and after. I LOVE to write

3. I have a double bachelor degree in English and Mass Communications. I wanted to be a journalist on tv but I couldn't be that aggressive.

4. I had my very own tv show. I worked at a local educational channel in my hometown and hosted a show called "Chalkdust" where I interviewed people about upcoming events or educational things they had done in the classrooms or communities. I used to think it was kind of silly but now I miss it.

5. I color! Any time I have any freetime at all, I color. It has to be markers and I order these fancy, geometric or mandala-like coloring books. It is soooooo therapeutic!!

6. I have four half-brothers and one half-sister. Two of my brothers and I share the same mom but have different dads. Two of my brothers and my sister share the same dad but have different moms. I know, we should be on Jerry Springer!

7. I buy all my Christmas in September/October. I get so excited that I can't stand the suspense. Everyone makes fun of me for it but guess who is home sipping hot chocolate on Black Friday! That would be ME!

8. If I could go back to school and start my career over, I would be a nurse.

9. I traveled to Paris and London when I was 18 years old. I had JUST found out I was pregnant and so did my parents who went on the trip with me. Can anyone say AWKWARD!

10. I have to take a bath or shower EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. I refuse to get in my bed with the filth of the day on me.

11. When I wake up in the morning my hair is matted like a dog....and I mean a rabid dog. My kids all have the same problem.

12. I have four tattoos. A "tramp stamp" that is a huge red cross (still freaks my skin doctor out every single time he looks at it, you would think it was a jumping spider!). Stars on my foot with my kids names in them (and my personal favorite tattoo). A heart with wings and an M in it on my wrist (might stand for Mark...maybe marshmallows....hmmmmm), a butterfly on my hip that I got when I was about 16 or 17.

13. Practically every piece of clothing I own is black!

14. My initials spell my name. Amy Marie Young A.M.Y.

15. I write all of my letters backwards. I start from the bottom and go up. I do it with letters to. I write them the complete opposite of how everyone else does. My kids do it too and man, oh man do teachers HATE it but it sure is a conversation starter when you get older. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment