"The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched-they must be felt with the heart." Hellen Keller

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fun and Games!

School has officially arrived at the Young household. Lovely indeed! I have three children ranging in age from 15 to 1 and I have NEVER been off and at home while my children went to school. It is soooo strange! I am supposed to be studying for my test but that has only happened one day so far. Today I did some school shopping for some last-minute stuff. And, let me just tell you, if I were single I would SOOOO use Bryson to pick up men. Just kidding! But really, he warrants so much attention from men all commenting on "how cute he is". They are all older men who probably have grandkids his age but I told my mom, she needs to use him to her advantage! LOL! Anyway, here are some pics of the first day of school!

Kory looks pumped, right? He is officially sick of me asking him 100 questions about high school. Oh well, ask me if I care!?!?!? Oh, and here is what he is begging me to do EVERY SINGLE DAY!

He got his first car and my goodness we CANNOT spend enough time in it! If I hear, "can we take my Blazer?" one more time, I may throw up! Won't be long and he will be forging ahead on his own. So scary! Have I mentioned that I had to get him a debit card???? Now that he is in high school and on his own I feel like he needs it. He needs to learn to take care of a checking account anyway. Funny thing is he has his "own" cash that he made at his job this summer but INSTEAD he is using the debit card because, "mom, I would rather use your money than my own!" SHOCKING, right? It won't be the last time I hear that one!
Here is Riley and his buddy on the first day!

Notice how Riley's friend looks like an Abecrombie and Fitch model and then.....there is MY kid. All he is missing is a cheeto in his hand and an xbox controller. LOL! If my kids were Barbie's (I guess I should say Kens) Kory would be "teenage angst Ken", complete with all black clothing, a Blazer that says "bad ass" on the back, greasy hair and his own guitar and IPOD and Riley would be "redneck in training Ken" complete with more AC/DC shirts than you could shake a stick at, enough camo shorts for an army and a continuous trail of dirt following him like "pigpen" from Charlie Brown....oh and an xbox controller and cheetos. Gotta love em!!!!
Here is Bryson on the first day of school!

Man, all this school stuff is tiring that boy OUT! Since the boys have been at school Bryson is giving me a RUN for my money....driving me crazy! He has definetly hit the terrible twos. He is picky on his eating, his sleeping, his bathroom habits. Well, not really...he doesn't have any bathroom habits....I think I was talking about Mark there for a minute. Anyway, he is driving me nuts. He makes one mess after the other, after the other, after the other.....You get the point! He wants to eat watermelon and pineapple all day and he knows how to get in the fridge and drag them out and dump them. It has been a LONG time since I had a two year old and I am much older now so it is kicking my butt! Here he is training for more mischief!

Well, I am done running my mouth so I wanted to end this post with a really funny sign I saw at the DPS. I had to take a pic! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment